Meal Information for Volunteers
At LPCS, we try to encourage a healthy variety of food for our Guests. To help us make this possible, please note the meals that have been cooked in the past few days. Below, you can find some suggestions for meals to help us vary the dinners each night. Thank you for your support!
Monday, July 7th:
- Dinner: Stir fry with chicken, salad, rice, cookies, lemonade, bread
Tuesday, July 8th:
- Dinner: Pizza
Wednesday, July 9th:
- Breakfast: scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, yogurt, strawberries, OJ
- Dinner: Sloppy Joes, potato salad, corn, ice cream sandwiches
Thursday, July 10th:
- Breakfast: eggs, bacon, potatoes, OJ, fruit
- Dinner: Chicken pot pie, salad, rolls, cake
Friday, July 11th:
- Dinner: Chicken, veggies, rice, bread
Saturday, July 12th
- Dinner: Pot roast with carrots and onions, assorted cookies
Sunday, July 13th
- Breafkast: scrambled eggs, pancakes, cut fruit, crossants, hashbrowns, yogurt & juice
- Dinner: Barbeque!
Current Allergies and Food Restrictions:
We have 4 NO PORK/SHELLFISH, 3 VEGETARIAN
As always, please try to keep healthy options in mind when planning a meal for the Guests. Thanks!
Meal Ideas and some recipes:
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Sloppy Joes
- Nacho Bar or Taco Bar
- Baked Potato Bar
- Chili with Fritos and Cheese
- Turkey Dinner
- Beef and/or Chicken Enchiladas
- Sub Sandwich Bar
- Burgers and Dogs on the Grill
- Soup and Homemade Bread
- Pancakes and Easy Breakfast Casserole
- Italian Roast Wraps
- Cheesy Beef and Rice
- Pizza Casserole
- Tammy’s Chicken Pasta Salad
- Chef Salad Bar
- Chicken Teriyaki
- Chicken Pasta Alfredo
- Oven Baked Chicken
- Italian Pasta Bake
- Beef Roast with Carrots and Potatoes
Looking for some Sack Lunch ideas/tips?
Make a wrap instead of a sandwich - same concept, new presentation!
Try a variation on Peanut Butter & Jelly (ex. Peanut Butter & Banana, Peanut Butter & Honey, Peanut Butter, Jelly, & Apple, Almond Butter & Jelly, Peanut Butter and Strawberries etc.)
Egg, Tuna, or Chicken Salad - You can put lettuce between the bread and the salad to keep the bread from getting soggy.
Ants on a Log (Celery w/Peanut Butter & Raisins) or change it up with Almond Butter and/or Craisins
Carrots and Hummus
Pretzels (or Pretzel Chips!)
Cheese & Crackers
Mixed Nuts & Dried Fruits
Ways to expand Sack Lunches for a group activity:
- Decorate the bags
- Write notes such as "Have a Great Day!"
- Bake some desserts, such as homemade chocolate chip cookies
- Write all the contents of the bag on the outside