On Track Program
Hiring? Looking for a candidate to fill that open position in your company? Consider hiring an LPCS guest or Graduate! Click HERE to see the resumes of guests and Graduates who are interested in being contacted if they are a good match for a position that you have, or know of.
Looking for a candidate to fill that open position in your company? Consider hiring an LPCS guest or Graduate! Click HERE to see the resumes of guests and Graduates who are interested in being contacted if they are a good match for a position that you have, or know of.
All guests of the Interim Housing Community are also enrolled in the On Track Program. The On Track Program challenges guests to address the reasons for homelessness and barriers to self-sufficiency by setting general guidelines along each Track. The On Track Program allows guests to see beyond the present and beyond immediate, basic needs to planning for the future, one in which the cycle of homelessness is broken.
Designed to address individual needs, each guest selects from the following Tracks, which indicate the primary goals a person will be working on while a guest of the LPCS. Many guests choose more than one Track.
Track 1: Addictions Recovery
Track 2: Mental & Physical Health
Track 3: Employment & Education
The goal of each guest is to return to self-sufficiency through improved social functioning and independent living. Each Track has measurable outcomes, and includes assessment, goal-setting, referrals, educational groups tailored to each Track, advocacy and follow-up for each guest.
The On Track Program offers many services to help achieve these goals:
- Intensive Case Management provides referrals to job training, substance abuse treatment, and
mental health services.
- Daily group activities, support groups, and classes, providing educational and personal enhancement opportunities to guests. Group activities promote a healthy community, and include daily educational and support groups on topics including job search, healthy lifestyles, and daily living skills enhancement.
- Medical and mental health evaluations, and referrals to treatment as needed.
- The opportunitiy to give back to the larger community through volunteer service: Guests in Volunteer Experience (GIVE).
- Savings Program, in which each guest must save a percentage of income towards future housing.
- Technical Services that aid guests in job search, including use of mailing address, computers, telephone, and fax machines.