The waiting list process has changed. Please read below to see the updated procedures.
- The intake procedure to join the waiting list for a bed at LPCS occurs on Sunday afternoons at our Community Engagement Program (CEP). CEP is held each Sunday* at St. Pauls UCC at 645 W. Fullerton beginning at 1:30pm.
- Please line up for entry to CEP by the tall black iron gate. We take everyone's name as they enter the building.
- Four (4) intake applications will be available each week. When more than four people would like to sign up on a Sunday names will be drawn via a lottery.
- After completing the intake application, you will meet briefly with the Interim Housing Manager and a Case Manager, who will provide information about our Interim Housing Program, and add you to the waiting list, if appropriate.
- Once a potential shelter Guest is on the waiting list, they must check in every week to remain on the list. Those that fail to call or check in will be removed from the waiting list.
- Check-in can occur via telephone at 773.549.6111 x208. When you call please leave your name, and state that you are on the waiting list and calling to check-in.
- If you do not have access to a phone you may complete your weekly check-in at CEP each Sunday.
- When a bed becomes available the Interim Housing Manager will attempt to contact the first person on the waiting list. You must respond within 24 hours before the Interim Housing Manager moves on to the next person on the list. The person offered the bed will then be provided with an orientation and move-in appointment, typically the following day. If your move-in appointment is missed, you will be removed from the waiting list and must start the process over.
*CEP is not held on major holidays